Software professional with 10+ years experience in technical architecture design, user experience and product management.
MS Information Science
University of Pittsburgh, 2004
BE Information Technology
University of Mumbai, 2002
Diploma Computer Technology
Bombay Inst. of Technology, 1999
Budgeting, Change and Risk Management, Problem Management, Skills & Performance Management, Conflict Resolution
UI Design & Evaluation
UX Storyboards, wireframes, rapid prototyping with HTML5+CSS, Photoshop.
Cognitive Walkthrough, Think-Aloud Usability, Heuristic evaluation, Contextual Inquiry
Java Swing, SWT, Eclipse RCP, Hibernate, UIMA, iOS SDK
Java, Objective C, Eclipse, Enterprise Architect, Dreamweaver, XCode, Subversion, CVS.
‘What’s My Size’ App
Listed in the iTunes Top 15 iOS Utility Apps in 2010
Project Management Institute, Pittsburgh Chapter.
School of Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
Best Electronic Poster
At Advancing Pathology Informatics, Imaging and the Internet
At Dept. of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh.
Product Manager, Feb 2009 ‐ Present
Responsible for planning, design and marketing of several large software research grants with total operating budget exceeding $4million.
- Managed medium-sized development teams across three different institutions.
- Managed budgets, resourcing conflicts and technical risks.
- Increased team productivity by 400% using new project management tools and techniques.
- Provided user interface design and system architecture expertise to other teams.
- Led product demos and presentations to researchers and program managers to effectively communicate merits of the products.
- Mentored and supervised junior programmers in the team.
Project Manager and UX Leader, Sep 2008 – Feb 2009
Responsible for leading design and development for ODIE.
- Lead design and development for ODIE ‐ a software toolkit with NLP algorithms for ontology enrichment and information extraction from free text medical documents. Team size: 6, Budget: $2million
- Set up an active user community support infrastructure that supports 100+ users with tools like forums, trackers, mailing lists and websites. Marketing strategy along with community support increased user base from two institutions to over 10 institutions in a year. Increased downloads by 1000% in two years.
- Introduced code management practices including commit policies and coding standards.
Senior UX Architect, May 2005 – Sep 2008
Responsible for designing, prototyping, evaluating and implementing user experiences for in-house software products.
- Designed technical architecture and user experience for caTIES – CAncer Text Information Extraction System that supports concept searching, collaborative case set building, ordering tissue and multi-node architecture to support searching across multiple institution data sets. Team size: 4, Budget: $2million
- Developed and successfully executed deployment plans for external adopter sites.
- Developed product branding and marketing strategy for open source software.
- Provided senior level user interface design and usability expertise.
UX Architect, May 2004 – May 2005
Responsible for UX design and development of web applications
- Developed VirtualSlide – a web application for annotating and presenting diagnostic quality microscopic slide images in a virtual microscope.
- Developed ProtocolQuery – a web application for querying UI interaction logs for detecting usability problems.
iOS Developer, Aug 2010 – Present
Designing and developing mobile applications for the Apple iOS platform
- Developed the ‘What’s My Size?’ iPhone app which calculates your clothing size in over 500 brands based on body measurements.
- 'What’s My Size?’ generated 35,000 downloads in two weeks and was in the Top 15 Utility apps list for the iPhone.
- Was selected by Apple for the “New and Noteworthy” section of the App Store.
- Designed and developed the ‘eMoBo’ iPhone app. ‘eMoBo’ allows users to create and read thousands of short stories.